Skip to main content

Life: 2010 - So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye!


The year has been eventful hasn't it?

No Big Brother on channel 4 (but I think The Family has replaced that reality hunger ;o) ), X Factor's growing bigger than ever (thanks Wagner!), Kate and William are giving us a Bank Holiday next year, the economy was a lil' better than last year (but it's still not great), cables released what world leaders really think of each other, parts of the US and UK almost came to a standstill because of the white stuff - snow, that is ;o), Northern Ireland and parts of Yorskhire are without water a man who created a system for guys and girls to rate attractiveness (allegedly) became TIME's person of the year, and we came to learn that 500,000,000 of us use it in an entirely different way as Facebook.

So, what did 2010 mean to you? I hope it was a good 'un, the fact that I'm still here to make my dreams a reality is sommat I'm grateful for.

If 2010 wasn't your best year so far, make 2011 so.

Here's to a year of:

Creativity
Beauty
Uncharted waters
Success
Prosperity and wealth creation
Love
Unprecedented sowing and reaping
Legacy creation
Fun
Endless laughter
Music and singing
Solutions to problems
Friendship
Frankness
Shot calling
Game changing
and
Good times

for you.

Till 2011
xoxo

Comments

  1. My first foray into your blogging abode - forgive me, for I always wanted to give it the proper attention I felt it deserved.

    It's been a wonderful year, really exciting, lots of lessons learnt (that is how I phrase "lot of unpleasant things happened"), and soo much, TOO much, to be thankful for. And I know in my heart of hearts, that 2011 is set up to be even better!

    So here's to the New Year - Let's make it a good one... the best of all our years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Yinkster. "We are what we repeatedly do..." as our Ari once said, so let's repeatedly do what we wanna do and live how we wanna live. Here's to a brill 2011.

    Thanks for takin' to time to grab a peek ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're positivity is wonderful. Need a few more Ebunolas in the world for 2011 I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say Amen to all those things for 2011.
    2010 was great but this year will be even greater! Have a lovely 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks T.S. - One is enough for a reason ;o)
    GG, same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year and Decade to you.

    Versatile and stylish: you've been tagged, missy. check out the rules on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art: Joe Simpson: Your New Best Friend…

… well, that's according to his Twitter bio, anyway. Ebunola Adenipekun talked to the 26-year-old portrait artist who’s managed to merge his (and many others') two loves: music and art Joe doin' what he does best - paintin' masterpieces How much art do you do in a day? Today, for example. Are you an night owl, early lark… or both? I try and keep normal-ish working hours – generally I go into my studio about 9am to 6pm on weekdays and have weekends off. I do this so that I’m in line with other people and it’s easier to make social arrangements. I spend a long time on my own in my studio so I need to interact with people in the evenings to stay sane! Sometimes, when I want to accelerate progress I’ll do long stints and stay late (and become less sane), I very rarely do anything before 9am though.  Joe at Brighton There’s always been that cliché of artists starving for their craft. Have you always worked as an artist and/or had other jobs in addition

Art: Interview with Artist Alice White

BOOM! spoke to the 28-year-old artist who resides in London town. Hi Alice!  BOOM! loves your pics – how much drawing, sketching and painting do you do in a 24-hour period? What’s a typical week like? Sketching is an integral part of the painting process. I spend on average seven to eight hours in the studio per day. At least two hours of that time will be spent sketching, in the conception, duration and completion of a painted canvas. My particular use of the sketching process is to produce rapid outlines as well as fully finished, detailed drawings which not only mark out the contours of the face and figure, but also serve as a process of analysis, to trace and capture what is revealed by my subject matter. When preparing for a new piece, I will spend whole days sketching in preparation. When painting, I lose track of time, and cannot be trusted to maintain a conversation or remember its contents for several hours afterwards! 'George, Fred and Harry'

Money: What life do you want?

Hi, I hope your 2022 has been better than 2021 so far. For the last few months I've been going down the Financial Independence Retire Early (FIRE) rabbit hole . Money for the most part is about options. If you have the opportunity to it's worth finding out what you can. I hope in time schools will provide financial education which will compound in time. Some podcasts I've been listening to are: Ramit Sethi "I Will Teach You to Be Rich" Meaningful Money YouTube channels: FinanceDee TheHumblePenny MamaFurFur Have you been learning more around money? What are your favourite podcasts or YouTube channels?